We are looking for a Digital and Communications Manager to take charge of our digital and media output.
Applications end date: 15 March 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Digital”. You should enclose your CV, details of your portfolio and a short cover letter detailing your vision for transforming Onward’s digital and media output.
Onward is a new campaigning thinktank whose mission is to renew the centre right for the next generation, by creating a new wave of modernising ideas and a fresh politics that reaches out to new groups of people.
Our team has worked in the highest levels of government and existing thinktanks and we have the networks and experience to turn ideas into practical, popular policies that work. Our advisory board includes leading parliamentarians, business people and former government advisers, including Lord Finkelstein (Chairman), Martyn Rose, Kemi Badenoch MP, Tom Tugendhat MP, John Lamont MP, Chris Philp MP, Neil O’Brien MP, Baroness Rock, Baroness Fall, Craig Elder, James Kanagasooriam, Sian Hansen and Nick Faith.
This is a role with significant opportunity for impact and growth. As Onward’s first comms hire, you will have scope to develop creative and fresh approaches to political communications, using a both traditional and social media and a range of content to radically expand Onward’s reach.
You will be responsible for translating Onward’s research and campaigns into shareable and digestible content to make the case for bold ideas to improve people’s lives. You will also be joining Onward early in our development and will therefore help us develop from a disruptive start-up to fully-fledged political force at a time when British politics is changing in profound and important ways.
- Digital editing and production. You will be responsible for developing Onward’s in-house production of digital content, including social media graphics, data visualisations, video and podcasts and some discrete web design. This is a core part of the role and proven production experience is necessary.
- Digital distribution. You will manage Onward’s website and social media channels, and be responsible for growing both our digital output and reach. This will include the development and implementation of a digital strategy to engage tens of thousands of young people with Onward content and events.
- Media. You will support Onward’s Director and wider team in building Onward’s media network, to ensure maximum coverage for our work and develop long-term partnerships with the members of the Lobby and other newspaper and broadcast journalists.
You would ideally have:
– A strong track record of producing and editing content using these packages (or equivalent):
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro (experience with After Effects desirable but not essential)
- Audacity or similar audio editing software
– Demonstrable experience with online and social media communications, including with paid social
– Experience engaging with media organisations and journalists
– Filming and podcast experience
You should also be:
– good on detail and have a flair for creating exciting content that people love
– ready to get stuck in as part of a small team that punches well above its weight
– happy to actively seek ownership of tasks, big or small, to get things done and achieve results
Salary: £25-£32k, dependent on skills and experience
There will be a three stage interview process:
- A short phone call to discuss your experience and interest
- You will be asked to create a short animated video or graphic for a recent Onward report
- An interview with Onward’s Director during w/c 4th and 11th March
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital”. You should enclose your CV, details of your portfolio and a short cover letter detailing your vision for transforming Onward’s digital and media output.