Onward is looking for two people to join our Energy and Environment team, at either Researcher or Senior Researcher level. Successful applicants will become an integral part of our research team, working on our Getting to Zero programme.
Applicants should have experience writing high-quality research, for example in academia, the civil service, or the private sector, and have exceptional data analysis and drafting skills. They must also be comfortable engaging with and contributing to public policy debates, including through the media, policy events, and meetings with MPs and civil servants.
You would be joining the team at an important time in British politics and for Onward. Having launched five years ago, we have quickly established a reputation for rigorous research that gets traction not only in newspapers but also in national and local government. We pride ourselves on developing policy ideas that are timely, practical to deliver and politically possible.
- Contribute to a high-quality research programme, including analysis, drafting, editing, and developing practical, ambitious policy ideas.
- Conduct novel and rigorous data analysis, including polling analysis and economic modelling, using Excel, Stata, GIS, and other tools.
- Support the Head of Energy and Environment in developing the Getting to Zero programme’s research outreach, output, commentary, and events.
- Plan and deliver Onward events, including roundtables, panels, and policy workshops.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the highest levels of government, the media, industry and among the policy community.
Salary: £27,000 – £32,000 (Researcher), £32,500 – £42,500 (Senior Researcher), dependent on experience.
Application details: To apply for this role, please send your CV, a one-page cover letter, and any relevant published work to email@example.com. Successful candidates will be given a week to complete a simple Excel exercise followed by an interview in the second week of December.
Deadline for application: Thursday 30th November
Target start date: January 2024