Events and Operations Manager
Onward is a not-for-profit campaigning thinktank that exists to develop a new generation of ideas for centre right thinkers and leaders. Our team has worked in the highest levels of government and existing thinktanks and we have the networks and experience to turn ideas into practical, popular policies that work. We believe in an economy that works for everyone, government that is strong, and a society built on community and a sense of belonging.
We are looking for an Events and Operations Manager, who will run our events programme and manage our small office. This is a role with significant opportunity for impact and growth. Your work will have a contribution to the political debate in Britain and help to make the case for bold ideas to improve people’s lives.
You will be responsible for organising high-level events with cabinet ministers, senior executives and journalists and helping to growing Onward’s network of individual and business supporters. You will also be joining Onward shortly after we have launched and will therefore help us develop from a disruptive start-up to fully-fledged political force at a time when British politics is changing in profound and important ways.
The Events and Operations Manager has three key areas of responsibility:
- Events. Onward holds a large number of events throughout the year to contribute to the policy debate and financially support our work. We expect our first year programme to include around 40 roundtables, panel events, fundraising dinners, and meet-ups for young people.
- Office management. You will be responsible for overseeing our small office, including administration support for the executive team, managing suppliers, and paying, issuing and chasing invoices, and overseeing health and safety.
- Fundraising. Working with Onward’s Director and Board, you will help to build Onward’s network of financial supporters, large and small, whose generosity supports our research and policy work. This will include day-to-day oversight of Onward’s database and managing relationships with individual donors, trusts and event sponsors.
You should ideally have:
– Demonstrated experience in a similar role, e.g. overseeing the office for a start-up or political office
– Demonstrated experience developing and managing high profile events from start to finish with success.
You should also be:
– unphased by engaging influential people in important roles
– ready to get stuck in as part of a small team that punches above its weight
– happy to actively seek ownership of tasks, big or small, to get things done and achieve results
Salary: £25-35k, dependent on experience. Flexibility for the right candidate.
Commitment: Negotiable but ideally full-time.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are right for Onward to [email protected] The closing date for applications is 28 September 2018.
Start Date: asap.
Interviews: 4/5 October and, if necessary, 8/9 October